Once all the people in the team is done with editing the docs in a space, how do I download the entire space (meaning, all the files, and no, I do not want to download them one by one) and then delete the space?

once all the people in the team is done with editing the docs in a space, how do I download the entire space (meaning, all the files, and no, I do not want to download them one by one) and then delete the space ?

Excellent question! In CrossClave’s current form, you would need to remove each member of the Space, and then download each piece of data individually, before leaving the space yourself. This method still requires too much effort on the user, so this brings up a couple items that I can ticket internally for new features.

• Download entire space. (Maybe create a zip to a destination the user picks?)

• A “Close/Remove Space” Option. (This would remove all users and ask the admin if they’d like to download the data from said space before closing it.)

Thank you! I’m going to move this post to Feature Requests for our tracking. :slight_smile:

@iole.moccagatta I’m curious about your workflow. Can you tell me a bit about why you would want to work this way? Having an understanding of the reason behind the question will help us when setting up user stories while designing features.

OK, right now I only have one member - myself. I installed the app on 2 PCs.

So, do I just need to download the files, and then hit the “Close/Remove Space” Option on one of the 2 PCs

Would that option remove all the files from both PCs ?

Hey Iole! I’m happy to help you out. :slight_smile:

That’s correct! Download the files you need, and then hit Close/Remove Space on either device. If CrossClave if open on both devices, you’ll see the same “You were removed…” message.

I wanted to mention that currently Space name’s are unique, even for Spaces you leave/delete. See the workflow below:

• Create a CrossClave Space titled “test”.
  • Leave “test” space.
  • Attempt to create a new space called “test”, but is unsuccessful.

I wanted to mention the above in-case you run into it. :slight_smile:

Just to clarify, “each piece of data individually” means you can only download one file at a time?

I don’t want to highjack the thread but it looks like a similar concern for me. My use of CrossClave is more about securely moving files, sharing large numbers of files with my assistant. She might make minor edits on one out of 20. Each month might have 100 documents uploaded with 3-5 minor date edits. The primary function is for her to be able to download the documents. Is this counter to the purpose of CC? It sounds like it’s more set up for complex changes and ongoing work by a team on shared documents and I’m trying to use it primarily to share/move large numbers of documents with few edits. Each “space” is really just a month of documents to be reviewed and downloaded.

Hello Jon! That is correct. In it’s current form, you may only locally store (download) files one at a time.