SpiderOak Needs You!

Greetings everyone!
We have heard your desire for .rpm installers for CrossClave, and we have news! Our developers have created this .rpm installer for public use, but there is a catch; it does not quite run correctly. Unfortunately, other feature requests and improvements are devouring our developers time at this moment so figuring out why exactly it is not working is not something they have time to do. That is where you come in! I have received permission to release this .rpm installer for CrossClave and I was hoping our experts in the Linux community could help us get to the root of why the .rpm version of the CrossClave application is giving us so much trouble.
You can download the installer from this link:

https://spideroak.com/browse/share/golden/mongoose

If you can download the installer and get CrossClave set up and running properly, let us know how you did it and we can send you some sweet swag from our shop! If you have any questions or concerns about this, let us know!

2 Likes

Installed successfully on CentOS/RHEL 7.6

sudo yum install libXScrnSaver
sudo rpm -i crossclave-9.0.0.x86_64.rpm

There’s a dependency of libXss.so.1(). IMHO, the spec file should mention libXScrnSaver as a dependency in the rpm package.

installed nicely on OpenSuse Leap 15.2:

#> rpm -Uhv ./crossclave-9.0.0.x86_64.rpm
Preparing… ################################# [100%]
Updating / installing…
1:crossclave-9.0.0-320 ################################# [100%]

But when I try to start it:

#> crossclave
Initializing generic platform support
/usr/share/crossclave/resources/app/crossclave-backend: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28’ not found (required by /usr/share/crossclave/resources/app/crossclave-backend)

Failed to launch backend: crossclave-backend did not respond with a token within 10 seconds

Pity, Opensuse Leap 15.2 comes with glibc 2.26.

probably no help
fedora 33 x86_64

% crossclave
Initializing generic platform support
WINDOW DECORATIONS RELOADED
time=“2021-07-16T12:45:30-07:00” level=fatal msg=“dbus: authentication failed”

Failed to launch backend: crossclave-backend did not respond with a token within 10 seconds